The admissions process is designed to ensure that students are appropriately placed at Little GEMS International and families are welcomed into the GEMS Education network of schools around the world. We maintain the highest degree of integrity and consistency for our school program and policies. Proper placement by age ensures that our students have a successful learning experience.
Program enrollment guidelines are as follows:
A. A minimum age criterion for enrollment in a specific group is outlined in the table below.
|| Age Criteria
||6 weeks of age
||15 months of age
||18 months of age
||2 years of age
||3 years of age
||4 years of age
B. Criteria include the following:
- Enrollment eligibility includes availability of space.
- Enrollment eligibility includes the school’s ability to meet the needs of the pupil.
- Students are admitted based on the specified criteria: no student, who is otherwise eligible, shall be denied admission to the school on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin.
- Successful completion of the admission process.
Start the Process
- Interested families should request an application by responding to an inquiry form or call our office at 312.361.3539 or obtain a copy of the application by visiting our admissions office located on 2301 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60614. Our school is now open and we are accepting applications for the current year and 2013-2014.
Families should complete and submit the application along with a $50.00 application fee and the required documents listed below.
- Student Birth Certificate
- Student School Records (if child has attended another pre-school/child care program.)
- Upon receipt and review of your application, a member of our Admissions Team will contact you to arrange for a family interview. For children age 2 through 5 this may include an observation session with peers that will be 25-30 minutes in length.
Little GEMS International values the worth of each child. The Admissions Team will assess each applicant based on the criteria established above. The criteria is not weighted, nor is acceptance based on any one source of information.