Mission & Ethos
Achieving Excellence Together
Based on the GEMS Core Values, at Webber we aim:
- To inspire and support students in achieving the highest standards possible.
- To provide an exciting, challenging and enriching curriculum within a supportive community in order to promote a love of learning, which will benefit students throughout their lives.
- To discover and nurture individual talents.
- To engage parents in their child’s learning journey.
- To promote the values of respect, responsibility, effort and empathy, which enhance independent learning, academic progress and emotional well-being.
- To encourage the skills, ambition and confidence required to become successful global citizens and meet the challenges of the modern world.
- To focus upon the attributes that are highly prized in higher education and the workplace, such as initiative, confidence, perseverance, teamwork and leadership.
We believe the key benefits of a Webber Independent School education are:
- Personalised learning with regular assessment against National Curriculum, GCSE and A-level criteria. This ensures students at all stages are on target and know the next steps for improvement. Learning is drawn together through cross-curricular activities.
- A flexible curriculum enables children of all abilities to have a challenging and personalised approach developing them into independent learners.
- A range of extra-curricular activities. This enables students to set themselves apart from their peers at leaving age, compete against local rivals, and succeed in competitions.
- Strong focus on pastoral care throughout the school. Students feel safe, happy, welcomed, and able to build self-reliance. It also allows them to develop a clear sense of direction and purpose in life.
- An inclusive school in a multi-cultural city. Students of different backgrounds integrate, are tolerant and understanding of each other, and of different cultural perspectives.
- Strong enrichment department to ensure support for those who need it. More able students are challenged while at the same time those, with specific learning difficulties are supported.
- A community service programme that enables students to give something back to the community. It helps set them apart from peers in other schools and gives them a wider appreciation of society.
- Door to door minibus service so parents are assured their children will be delivered safely to and from school.
- Wrap around care for those who want it, starting with breakfast club and finishing with tea and homework.
Overall we are a private school that delivers a high degree of individual attention, leading to enhanced progress and very positive outcomes.